It is the mission of Les Voyageurs to expand the horizons of young people as it challenges their physical, psychological, social, and learning skills through an intense outdoor experience.
As a result of participation in the Les Voyageurs program, each young person will:
- Learn the basics of wilderness travel.
- Learn to make decisions based upon what is best for the group rather than self.
- Learn to accept personal limitations while enhancing personal strengths.
- Learn to understand and use basic leadership skills.
- Learn to better communicate with other people under diverse & extreme conditions.
- Come to grips with personal decisions and attitudes in the areas of chemical and alcohol use.
- Learn the value and responsibilities of group citizenship.
- Learn the value and wonder of our natural world and how to use it without abusing it.
- Learn basic camping and canoeing skills.
- Develop physical strength, stamina, and the ability to persevere under extreme conditions.